Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Polish Party: Halloween

As most of you are aware, the Polish Party, has a monthly themed challenge. So I give you my Halloween themed nails!
They're not exactly scary, but Halloween can be cute too, for my Thumb I really wanted to do a Jason Voorhees Mask design, but as you can see it didn't come out the best, but I'm sill impressed with how well I did.
This was the first time that I have ever tried doing a "Splatter effect" design, I found it a bit tricky at first, but after a few trial and error attempts, I finally stuck with one of the Blood Splatters I was happy with.
What Halloween Mani is complete without a Spiders Web? This was very simple to do, over Barry M's Lady from the Royal Glitter Collection, and I absolutely love the way it turned out!
A simple Blood Drip effect is always an easy, simple method for halloween nails, and finally my little baby pumpkin! I love it!


For the detail on the nails, I used a Black Nail Art pen that I found in Primark, they come in a pack of two, and for only £2, how could I resist? They are extremely simple to use, and as you can see, the polish inside is surprisingly good quality for such a cheap product. It isn't too thick to work with, and gives a great outcome!


Colours used: 
Barry M; Matt White,
Bright Red,
Gelly: Mango
Royal Glitter: Lady

And finally a Black Nail Art from Primark

4 comments:

  1. We had the same idea! These are great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yours are brilliant too, your blood splatter turned out loads better than mine! :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the spider web... These are great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fab Halloween nails you have there!
    I may have the perfect nail art challenge for you that will be commencing next year (which is only 7 weeks away, argh!). There are prizes to be won too. Hop over to my blog to read more, I'd love for you to be involved!
    http://aworldfullofprettiness.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/nailartmaniachallenge-2014-monthly.html

    ReplyDelete