Monday, 21 October 2013

Velvet Goth Collection

So last week I got my hands on Models Own Amethyst from the Velvet Goth collection, and I absolutely loved how it looks.
I'm still torn between wearing it matte, or using a top coat, however I have came up with a solution. Wear it matte for a couple of days, and then add a top coat to make it last longer while giving your mani a whole new look!
The day after I bought Amethyst and Strawberry Tart and Jack Frost, I went back the next day and spent a further £20 on 6 new polishes, inluding 3 from the scented collection, and 3 more from the Velvet Goth collection, inluding Absinthe (pictured below)
So far Amethyst is my fave, with Absinthe a close second, but I guess thats because I haven't got around to trying the other 2 out yet, I'll be sure to post once I've tried the other, although unfortunately I do not have Obsidian as of yet.
I found that the application of Amethyst was quite thick and difficult to get level. However, the application of Absinthe was unbelievably easy and smooth so I'm unsure if my Amethyst had just thickened a little more in the bottle. For the Velvet Goth collection, I found that 2 coats leads to the perfect application, anymore and it looks too thick.
Velvet Goth are my new fave polishes, I really don't know why I didn't get them as soon as they were launched! I would recommend them to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment